The Government shall consist of the Head of Government and Ministers. It shall be responsible before the King and the Parliament.
After the appointment of the members of the government by the King, the Head of Government shall appear before each one of the two Houses, to submit the programme to be carried out. Such a programme shall clearly outline the policy to be adopted by the Government in various areas of national activity, namely in economic, social, cultural and foreign affairs.
The programme must clear guidelines for action that the Government intends to conduct in the various sectors of national life including in the areas relevant to economic, social, environmental, cultural and foreign affairs policies.
The programme is subject to debate in both Houses. It is followed by a vote in the House of Representatives.
The Government is vested after earning the confidence of the House of Representatives, expressed by the vote of an absolute majority of the members of that House, in favour of the government programme "(Article 88 of the new Constitution).
Moreover, the article 89 states: "The government exerts executive power”. Under the authority of the Head of Government, this latter shall implement the government programme, provides law enforcement, set up the administration, and oversees the activities of businesses and public institutions. "
Since its independence in 1955, the Kingdom of Morocco has witnessed the succession of thirty governments incarnating the executive power. The current government (thirtieth government) was formed on October, 10.2013.
The members of the current cabinet are:
- Abdelilah Benkirane : Head of the Government.
- Mohamed Hassad : Minister of the Interior.
- Salaheddine Mezouar : Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
- Mustafa Ramid : Minister of Justice.
- Ahmed Toufiq : Minister of Endowments and Islamic Affairs.
- Driss Dahak : Secretary General of the Government.
- Mohamed Boussaid : Minister of Economics and Finance.
- Driss Merroun : Minister of Planing and Development.
- Mohamed Nabil Benabdellah : Minister of Housing, and Urban Policy.
- Aziz Akhannouch : Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Rachid Belmokhtar : Minister of National Education and Vocational Training.
- Lahcen Daoudi : Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executive Training.
- Mohand laensar : Minister of Youth and Sports.
- Aziz Rebbah : Minister for Equipment,Transport and Logistics.
- Moulay Hafid El Alamy : Minister of Industry,Trade,Investment and the Digital Economy.
- Lahoucine El Ouardi : Minister of Health.
- Mustapha El Khalfi : Minister of Communication, spokesman for the Government.
- Abdelkader Amara : Minister of Energy, Mines, Water and the Environment.
- Abdesslam Seddiki : Minister of Employment and Social Affairs.
- Abdelkader Amara : Minister of Industry, Trade and New Technologies.
- Lahcen Haddad : Minister of Tourism.
- Bassima Hakkaoui : Minister of Solidarity, Women, Family and Social Development.
- Mohamed Amine Sbihi : Minister of Culture.
- Fatima Marouane : Minister of Crafts,Social and Solidarity Economy.
- Abdelaziz Ammari : Minister for Relations with Parliament and Civil Society.
- Abdellatif Loudyi : Minister Delegate to the Head of the Government in charge of the Administration of National Defense.
- Anis Birou : Minister of Moroccan Expatriates and Migration Affairs.
- Charki Draiss: Minister Delegate to the Interior Minister.
- Mbarka Bouaida : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
- Mohamed El Ouafa : Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in Charge of General Affairs and Governance.
- Mohamed Abbou : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Industry,Trade,Investment and the Digital Economy,in Charge of Foreign Trade.
- Mohamed Najib Boulif : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Infrastructure,Transport and Logistics, for Transport.
- Khalid Berjaoui : Minister Delegate to the Minister of National Education and Vocational Training.
- Idriss Azami Al Idrissi : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Economics and Finance in Charge of the Budget.
- Jamila El Moussali : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executive Training.
- Mohamed Moubdii : Minister Delegate to the Head of Government,for Civil Service and Modernization of Public and Administrative.
- Hakima El Hiti : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Energy, Mines, Water and the Environment, for the Environment.
- Charafat Afilal : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Energy, Mines, Water and the Environment, for Water.
- Mamoun Bouhadhoud : Minister Delegate to the Minister of Industry,Trade,Investment and the Digital Economy,for SMEs and the Integration of the Informal Sector.